We live in such a beautiful and amazing country with long hot summers and relatively mild winters, so it’s not unusual to want to open our homes and invite the outside in. To enjoy great views or to enjoy a wonderful cooling breeze. Thankfully today we are spoilt for choices when it comes to looking for ways to enjoy the weather, the sunshine and the breeze, thanks to stacker doors.
If you are building a new home or renovating an old one, you may be considering replacing an old worn out sliding door or knocking out a wall and replacing it with a stunning new stacker door to open up your room. There are a few different door options available, but why are stacker doors the popular choice today?
- Stacker doors allow you to easily control the temperature in the room, as they can be opened fully in summer but kept closed tightly during winter.
- Stacker doors will make your room look much larger than it actually is, and when the doors are open they don’t take up as much *room* as other standard sliding doors do, this means you end up with more space in your home.
- With stacker doors, you can control how much light you want or need in the room. As your doors let in more natural light than other doors and windows it means you don’t need to have lights on during the day. In summer, they give you the chance to enjoy as much natural light as possible.
- You can keep stacker doors open allowing you better access to move inside and outside your home (ie onto a patio or decking), making it perfect for pets to come and go as they like, or when entertaining you can move between inside and outside with ease – especially if you are carrying food or drinks.
- Stacker doors can come in custom sizes which means you get the perfect fit for your home and you won’t have to compromise on the surface size of your doors, allowing you to maximise the impact of your brand-new stacker doors.
- With stacker doors, you can enjoy fresh air all year around, enjoying all the fresh fragrances of each season.
- Stacker doors come in a range of colours and sizes, in aluminium to give your house an elegant and modern look and feel.
There are a range of benefits to installing stacker doors in your home. These doors are versatile and stylish and perfect for the Australian climate and way of life.
Read Also: What is a Double Hinged Door
Where would you use stacker doors?
From building a brand-new home to renovating an existing home if you are looking at doors you are probably wondering which are the best doors and styles of doors available that will suit your home the best.
In Australia, today there are two styles of doors that are gaining in popularity – the stacker doors and the bifold door. Both styles of door can be installed in various areas in your home for an attractive, yet different look. You probably didn’t even give it a thought, but stackers doors may even already be installed in your home as they have traditionally been used as sliding glass shower screen doors.
Stacker doors are made up of tall and narrow panels, where one is fixed and the others are mounted onto a sliding runway. When stacker doors are opened the moving panels just slide into place in front of the fixed panel.
As well as being installed in the bathroom stackers doors can also be installed in many other areas around your home. This style of door is perfect for any room where you don’t have much space for opening and closing doors as well as for maximising the amount of light and air you can let into a room. You will find stacker doors mainly used in the living areas of your home to give you access to outside and most stacker doors can be installed with flyscreens. In summer, you can have your doors open allowing in fresh air but not flies and bugs, and in the cooler months, you can have the doors closed while still being able to enjoy your view.
Bifold style doors of the past were often made from vinyl and similar materials and would often stick together when opened. Today bifold’s are made from aluminum and operate by folding on top of each other against a wall.
Bifolds, like stacker doors, don’t take up a lot of space when opened allowing you to place furniture closer to the doorway. Bifolds are great for small rooms in your house such as bedrooms or rooms that open onto patios or decks, they blend into their surrounds and still allow you to have the views you want while protecting your home from the elements.